26 Oct 2010

MA Diary - Seminar ideas

This week I’ve been concentrating on my seminar topic, which I decided was going to be “The relationship between the creative arts and the luxury industry”.

I gave this topic a lot of thought, since I wanted to do something that would actually help me achieve the goals I set out to achieve on my POS. So, I looked at what I’m good at, what my experience has been so far, what I love and have a passion for and tried to combine all of them in a more pragmatic manner. I have a background in fashion design and art, I’ve studied art and fashion history and I have a passion for the luxury sector so I started thinking about how my previous experience could help me start a career in this luxury sector. As I read more and more about how the arts and the luxury industry have always maintained a certain connection, I realized that is what my topic should be about.

Books and articles I read and am still reading on the topic:

The Evolving Marriage of Art and Fashion, from online magazine Luxury society

Mayor backs Louis Vuitton Young Arts Project, article from the London government website

Luxury Brand Management: A World of Privilege, by Michel Chevalier, Gérald Mazzalovo

Vogue, Elle, L’officiel, W Magazine

No comments: