10 Oct 2010

MA Diary - Portfolio presentation


This week we got to introduce to our classmates what it is we’ve done so far, to show our portfolios or whatever work we have done and to state what we want to do during the MA. I saw that many of them are from the same background as me, which is more creative, and some are from marketing or management backgrounds. I find this a good thing, because this way we can learn from each other.

As my portfolio was still in Romania, I showed my blog, I’ve actually used it as a means of promoting myself and my work and it got me a collaboration with a Bucharest boutique, that sold most of the clothes I made.

I thought about getting a jump start on the job searching and made a CV, hopefully a good one. I realize that my experience from Romania is not going to be of much help here, but I have to start from somewhere and at this point I’m hoping to get a job as sales assistant, preferably in the luxury sector. I’ve set my eye on the Selfridges’ top floor, hopefully I can get a job there and this way I’ll learn more about the industry and maybe infiltrate myself in an international company, where I can get promoted.

These are some of the images from my portfolio:













No comments: