5 Oct 2010

MA Diary

During these first two weeks I’ve started to get familiarized with the city, the school, the professors, my colleagues. I attended group tutorials where we all got to talk a bit about each other and realized many of my colleagues have quite the work experience, whereas I have only worked on commission or on some small projects, but in Romania.

I’ve started to think a lot about the topic I am going to be dealing with during my MA and I decided that since I’ve gotten pretty much all I wanted to get out of fashion design and the creative side of fashion, I would now focus on the industry. My biggest wish is to work in the luxury industry, that’s what I’ve set my eye on since I got into studying fashion, many years ago, and maybe up to this point always thought the job would be within the creative department, maybe as a designer. But during my BA and mainly towards the end, when I actually started to look for ways to earn money by doing fashion design, I realized the industry has a lot more to offer and there are a lot more jobs I could look into that would be stimulating and financially rewarding.

I started thinking about my POS, Personal Programme of Study, which I believe s going to be very helpful in organizing all that I need to do in order to achieve my goals. I understand that what I need to do first is get perspective of what it is I’m going to be studying. I know some things about the luxury industry but it seems I’ll have to start from scratch and do things right, learn the history first and foremost and then all that is related to the business, the management, the marketing.

No comments: